||24 Feb 1762
||, Jackson, Ohio
||18 Jan 1820
||, Jackson, Ohio
||14 Jan 2006 |
||Zibiah or Zebiah McCarley, b. 19 Dec 1786, , Gallia, Ohio , d. 5 Feb 1860, Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie, Iowa |
||19 Dec 1805
||Gallia, Gallia, Ohio
| ||1. Sarah McDaniel, b. 26 May 1806, Raccoon Township, Gallia, Ohio , d. 7 Mar 1857, Trader's Point (Council Bluffs), Pottawattamie, Iowa |
| ||2. Martha Carr McDaniel, b. 24 Feb 1808, Raccoon Township, Gallia, Ohio , d. 4 Feb 1873, Trader's Point, Pottawattamie, Iowa |
| ||3. Jane McDaniel, b. 24 Feb 1810, Raccoon Township, Gallia, Ohio , d. 20 Jan 1890, Bountiful, Davis, Utah |
| ||4. John Riley McDaniel, b. 10 Jun 1812, Bloomfield Township, Gallia, Ohio , d. 11 Nov 1884, Alpine, Utah, Utah |
| ||5. William McDaniel, b. 1814, Raccoon Township, Gallia, Ohio , d. 7 Feb 1885, Of , Harrison, Iowa |
| ||6. Van D. McDaniel, b. 13 May 1815, , Jackson, Ohio |
| ||7. John E. McDaniel, b. 5 Dec 1817, , Jackson, Ohio |
| ||8. Andrew G. McDaniel, b. 30 Mar 1820, , Jackson, Ohio |
1820 US: Madison Township, Jackson, Ohio, pg. 192, township had a little over 40 families; related families of Michael Stoker and Michael Graybill are in neighboring Bloomfield Township; columns are male 0-10, 10-16, 16-18, 16-26, 26-45, 45+// female 0-10, 10-16, 16-26, 26-45, 45+:
David Stoker: 2,1,0,1,0,0//1,0,0,1,0.
Peter Grabill: 1,0,0,1,0,1//0,0,2,0,1.
Nancy Henson: 0,1,0,1,0,0//0,1,1,1,0.
James McDaniel: 0,0,0,0,0,1//3,2,0,0,1. [I assume this could be the same James as this database.]
2. The book "The Henry McDaniel family, 1755-1975," by Esta McDaniel Lee, 1975, FHL 929.273 M141L, p. 82: "Other McDaniels of Gallia and Jackson Counties, Ohio. David McDaniel, b. ca. 1738 m. 5 March, 1801, Elizabeth (Betsy) McCarley in Washington County, Ohio. Gallia County was a part of Washington Coound at that time. David McDanieal was in Ohio long before it became a state for a son James McDaniel was born in what is now Jackson County, 24 Feb. 1762. He married 19 Dec 1805 Zebiah (Sibby) McCarley, b. 10 Dec 1786, Gallia County, Ohio, daughter of John McCarley. She died 5 Feb 1860. James died in Jackson County, 1820. They had the following children:
1. Sarah McDaniel, b. 26 May 1806, Raccoon Twp., Gallia Co., O., d. 7 Mar 1857, m. John W. Stoker, 13 Mar 1827.
2. Martha McDaniel, b. 24 Feb 1808, Raccoon Twp., Gallia Co., O., d. 4 Feb 1877, m. 1828/29 Michael Stoker.
3. Jane McDaniel, 24 Feb 1810, Raccoon Twp., Gallia Co., O., d. 20 Jan 1890, in Bountiful, Utah, m. 1836, John Stoker.
4. John McDaniel, b. 10 Jun 1812, Jackson Co., O., d. 11 Nov 1884, Alpine, Utah, m. Christina Stoker.
5. William McDaniel, b. 1814, Jackson Co., O., d. 1889 unmarried.
There could have been others."
Page 83: "Jackson County Marriage Records. C.D. Massie:
19 Apr 1827 Electa Sally McDaniel to John W. Stoker."
3. From a FHL film copy, of which I made a photocopy, of the â€śJournal of John Stoker, b. 1817; Journal starts November 1, 1869.â€? John was the son of David Stoker and Barbara Graybill. The first 35 pages detail his mission taken from Utah to Virginia and Tennessee through Council Bluffs, Iowa, which I have summarized and included with his notes in this database. Pp. 36-227, the balance of Johnâ€™s journal, are genealogical notations of family. Many pages are blank. Besides family, the journal also notes many other unrelated Stokers who were probably gleaned from books and other sources. It appears as if maybe his son David may have taken over the book later. Many entries are repetitive at different times. Pertinent data for this family or individual is quoted verbatim as follows on pages:
174: James McDaniel, Zibiah McCarley, children:
Martha McDaniel (Stoker), b. July 24, 1808, Galia Co., Ohio, Raccoon Township, died July 4, 1873, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Sarah McDaniel (Stoker), b. 26 May 1805, Galia Co., Ohio, Raccoon Township, died Mar. 7, 1857, Traderâ€™s Point, Potawatamie Co., Iowa.
SEALING TO PARENTS:
SEALING TO SPOUSE:
1. Ancestral File 4.19 (27 May 2001).