William Sidney Graybill1867 - 1931 (63 years)
Name William Sidney Graybill Born 16 Nov 1867 Wheeler's Grove, Pottawattamie, Iowa, United States Gender Male Died 17 May 1931 Grant Township, Sherman, Kansas, United States Buried Kanorado, Sherman, Kansas, United States Person ID I3418 Petersen-de Lanskoy Last Modified 6 Jan 2015
Father Levi Graybill, b. 12 Mar 1818, Bloomfield Township, Jackson, Ohio, United States , d. 30 Nov 1912, near Persia, Harrison, Iowa, United States (Age 94 years) Mother Patience Smith, b. 25 Nov 1825, New Castle, Henry, Indiana, United States , d. 14 Aug 1895, Macedonia, Pottawattamie, Iowa, United States (Age 69 years) Married 20/21 Jun 1841 Quincy, Adams, Illinois, United States Family ID F243 Group Sheet | Family Chart
1. Reviewed Rootsweb.com Worldconnect and LDS Family Search Oct 2003. May have middle name of Sidney.
1870 US: Wheeler's Grove P.O., Grove Twp., Pottawattamie, Iowa, p. 160a, dwelling 34:
Levi Graybill, 52, farming, $3000, $1000, OH.
Patience, 44, housekeeping, IN.
Palmer, 21, farmer, IA.
Levi, 19, IA.
John, 17, IA.
Joseph, 12, IA.
George, 10, IA.
Mary, 7, IA.
Martha, 6, IA.
Wm., 2, IA.
Lucinda Prichet, 7, IA.
1880 US: Grove, Pottawattamie, Iowa; NA film T9-0361, p. 128D:
Levi Graybill, farmer, self, 62, OH NC NC.
Patience, wife, 55, IN SC NC.
Bird, son, 22, IA OH IN. [LDS site took this off as Bud, but close examination shows Bird.]
Geo., son, 20, IA OH IN.
Mary, dau., 17, IA OH IN.
Martha, dau, 15, IA OH IN.
Lucinda, g.dau., 16, IA OH IN.
Will, son, 12, IA OH IN.
1900 US: Grant Township, Sherman, Kansas, p. 59a, 2 Jun 1900, dwelling #21:
William Graybill, Nov 1868, 31, m. 13 yrs., IA OH __, farmer.
Alda, wife, Apr 1870, 30, m. 13 yrs, 2 total children both living, IA OH IA.
Ruthford, son, Apr 1888, 12, KS IA IA.
Ralph, son, Feb 1898, 2, CO IA IA.
1910 US: Grant Township, Sherman, Kansas, p. 205a, 26 Apr 1910, dwelling #49:
William S. Graybill, 52, IA OH IN, farmer.
Alda J., wife, 47, IA US IA.
Ralph S., son, 21, CO IA IA, engineer.
1920 US: Grant Township, Sherman, Kansas, 9 Jan 1920, dwelling #27:
William S. Graybill, 42, m. once for 23 years, IA OH IN, farmer.
Alda, wife, 38, m. once for 23 years, 2 total children both living, IA MO IA.
Ralph S., son, 12, CO IA IA, engineer.
1930 US: Grant Township, Sherman, Kansas, p. 42a, 4 Apr 1930, dwelling #11:
William S. Graybill, 61, m. at age 18, IA OH OH, farmer.
Alda J., wife, 57, m. at age 14, IA OH IA.
1. FHL book 929.273 P684pn: "Graybill/Stoker/Eller/Smith/Koons/Pitt Connections," by Norman E. 'Gene' Pitt, 1996, pp. 55-60: "William Sidney Graybill, b. 16 Nov 1867, Wheeler's Grove, Potta. Co., IA; d. 17 May 1931, Sherman Co., KS; md. to Alda Jane Osler. She was b. 4 Sep 1872; d. 30 Jan 1939, Loveland, CO. Both are buried in Kanorado, KS. Their children were Joseph Ruthford and Ralph Sidney." See book for extensive downline of this family.
1. Per Pitt book quoted above. 1900 census has variant of Nov 1868, not 1867.
1. Without documentation, Ordinance Index indicates possible marriage to Alda Jane Osler, b. 9 Apr 1872 in Cass County, IA, d. 30 Jan 1939, m. William Sidney Graybill abt. 1887. Her parents noted as William Henry Osler(Orsler) and Ruth Elizabeth Stidham. World Connect shows Alda with same parents married to William Graybill and death 30 Jan 1939 in Loveland, Colorado.
1. Per Pitt book quoted above.
1. Per Pitt book quoted above.